Serving Arlington, Virginia
Teeth Whitening Arlington VA
Teeth Whitening Arlington VA
Keeping your teeth at their whitest can be a lot harder than it sounds. Due to daily staining of teeth from all the coffee, wine, smoking, and other foods, even with proper maintenance, leaves teeth a little lackluster. Teeth whitening can be an excellent way of restoring of natural teeth color, even making them whiter than natural color if that is your preference
If you’re looking for teeth whitening in Arlington, VA look no further. At Gentle Care Dentists, we offer two types of teeth whitening, one in-office and one at-home.
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Tooth whitening describes a type of procedure which enhances a beautiful, healthy smile by removing staining in order to restore the white color of your teeth. There are numerous types of teeth whitening procedures ranging from DIY at home whitening strips to in office teeth whitening sessions.
If maintained properly, the results of teeth whitening can last for a number of years, although beverages such as coffee, tea, cola and wine can cause reduction of lasting effect. Keep in mind that if it can stain a white shirt, it will stain your smile.
Types of Teeth Whitening
At Gentle Care Dentists, we offer two types of teeth whitening, one in-office and one at-home.
Zoom! Teeth Whitening: As one of the most effective in-office teeth whitening procedures, the Zoom! The process has routinely transformed teeth, lightening the surface up to ten shades in just a single, one-hour session. Your dentist will apply a whitening gel to your teeth and activate its stain-removing capabilities with low-intensity light. Restore your natural color or go even brighter with Zoom teeth whitening in Arlington, VA
At-Home Teeth Whitening Trays: The appeal of whitening at home makes this one of our most popular cosmetic dentistry services. Customized to the shape of your teeth, whitening trays are utilized again and again to achieve the exact level of brightness you desire. This at home tray whitening system is comprised of two steps: first and impression of your teeth is take, then with the impression custom whitening trays are crafted which can be used over and over. For the second step, you take a whitening gel and put in the gel for short periods of time over a few days. The entire process can result in whitening of smile up to four – eight shades!
Interested In Teeth Whitening In Arlington, VA?
Or Give Us A Call At 703-291-4666
Can’t I Just Use Those DIY Whitening Strips?
At home whitening strips do whiten your teeth but there are a few issues that cause these whitening strips to be problematic.
- They remove minor stains but they may not get you to the shade of white you would like.
- They use hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide kills off the beneficial bacterial in your mouth that protects against cavities and decay. You may experience more cavities after using these strips.
- These strips irritate gums and damage the enamel of your teeth causing more of the dentin to be exposed. This causes sensitivity and pain, especially when your teeth are exposed to hot or cold food/beverages.
- Because these strips are flat the whitening ingredients can not reach the spaces in-between teeth or the curved bottom of teeth. This can cause the middle of the tooth to be white while the surrounding parts look yellow and discolored.
Ditch the DIY whitening strips and opt for professional teeth whitening. To most patients surprise professional teeth whitening is affordable and incredibly more effective than drug store options. If it’s important for you to have at home teeth whitening ask your dentist about at home teeth whitening trays instead.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
When done by a professional, teeth whitening is safe and has very little to no lasting side effects.
Teeth Whitening Aftercare
The first 24 hours after you get your teeth whitened or during the period you are doing at home whitening kits you should follow the rules below.
- Avoid drinking any colored/dark liquids such as tea, coffee, red wine, colored soft drinks, or fruit juice.
- Avoid dark/staining food such as soy sauce, red meat, chocolate, dark pasta sauces, fruits (except bananas).
- A good rule of thumb is to not eat or drink anything that would leave a stain on a white shirt.
- No Smoking
- Avoid colored toothpaste (red, blue, etc.)
- Avoid mouthwash
- Opt for foods that don’t contain irritants or dark colors. For example, plain chicken, fish, potatoes, plain pasta, white sauces, milk, etc.